Tuesday, May 8, 2007

FINAL REFLECTION

3 THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT (OR HAD AN "AH-HA" MOMENT WITH)

I never knew that a student could create his/her own website, I always assumed that it was a huge, drawn-out process that took months and months which only "Computer Tech Savy People" knew how to do. When I heard that we were going to be creating our very own websites I was to say the least scared. I was astounded how easy the program eZedia actually was to use. I was also surprised to find out that to buy eZedia and put it on my own personal computer was only 25 bucks or so. I had heard that the program Dream Weaver was very expensive and automatically assumed that eZedia would be too, but its not! I'm going to buy it! I was also very surprised that my instructor had her very own published book, I think that's incredible! WOW!

I have never seen Portaportal or Del.ic.ious before and thought that these programs were really useful. I thought that you could only bookmark by using the bookmark tool on the tool bar.

Also, I have never podcasted before, and to tell you the truth have never even used a MacIntosh computer before this class ~ and look at me now! I didn't know that MacIntosh's had voice recorders built into them. I learned how to create a podcast! I also learned how to upload a movie and edit it in iMovie! I know that is way more than 3 things that I learned, but I REALLY benefitted from this class!

Reflecting over 6 Student Websites in Tecs 390

By looking over some of my fellow student's websites, I noticed that I forgot to include an All About Me Page. Many people wrote a brief description about them selves on the first page and I only had two pictures. I think this summer, once I get my apple pc, I will write a brief description about myself and put it on the first page. I think that would make my website more personal and not just a face. I generally am happy with my website though, I think that I included a lot of things that will help people gain an understanding of who I am.

Jolene Hubin's Website
- I liked the bright backgrounds, they really stood out!
- The buttons were very fun, different, and cute
-The ABC book didn't work, but mine didn't either completely on my PC at home
- Everything was very organized

Chelsea Hulett's Website
- Cute, fun backgrounds
- Lesson Plans page is blank!
- Assignments page is blank!
- Class Projects button links over to the blank assignments page!

Sheila Harvey's Website
-I was very impressed!!!!
-Everything was so neat and organized!
-Lots of pictures that helped me glimpse into her life
- Very personal
- Cute backgrounds, they all matched the same theme

Chris Schmidtberger's Website
-The home page is blank and is just a blue screen
- The buttons only take you back to the home page and do not link to what they say they should link to
- Very short and sweet, not much in it

Nicky Moody's Website
- Liked the All About Me Page, it gave good information about her (I should have done that!)
- Maybe have all of the buttons on the homepage so that if someone is looking for something in particular, they wouldn't have to navigate far
-Enjoyed the pictures

Kiley Old's Website
- Home page words are a little blurred by the background because the colors are similar
- VERY COLORFUL AND FUN!
-Loved the backgrounds
-Short and sweet, didn't have just a ton of stuff

1 comment:

Cyndi Danner-Kuhn said...

Nice work this semester. You have earned an A. Your website looks great, I hope you keep it updated. Come find me when you pick up you Mac, and I will help you set it up. Thanks for working so hard, it really shows.

Cyndi